PAGES

Monday, April 29, 2013

Where's The Beef?

Remember that old Wendy's commercial?


Maybe I just dated myself, but when I made dinner, that's what I thought about.  :)

The kids wanted spaghetti tonight, and as I searched the freezer for ground beef, I came across this....

{much healthier than ground beef}

I've tried to sneak veggie crumbles into tacos before and was mildly successful.  The fam could tell something was different, they just couldn't quite figure out what. This time, I thought I'd try my hand at veggie spaghetti. 



First, I sauteed some onions....it never hurts add a little something fresh.  Then I added the veggie crumbles {straight from the freezer} and some marinara sauce.  It looked pretty good to me, so I crossed my fingers and served it to my family. 


Scott and the kids ate theirs over regular pasta and I had mine over spaghetti squash.  The verdict?  Only the hubs could tell a difference, and the kids went back for seconds even after I told them what it was.  As for me, I loved not having to cook raw meat....draining the grease, trying to blot out the rest with paper towels and then not knowing what to do with the cup of solidified fat sitting on the counter later that night. {Gross.}  I liked the taste too!  Where's the beef, you ask?  Who cares!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips