PAGES

Friday, April 5, 2013

Hummus Deviled Eggs

Posts have been few and far between lately....sorry! I've been enjoying spring break at my family's ranch. It's been so nice to get away from all the craziness and just enjoy being with the fam.


One of the many perks of staying at the ranch is being able to "eat off the land." Chickens have been a relatively new addition and it's so fun having farm fresh eggs every time we're out here. I boiled up a bunch last night and was excited to try something new for my morning snack today.

Why is eating brown eggs so much more exciting than eating plain old white eggs? They're exactly the same on the inside, but I somehow feel more sophisticated and health-conscious when I eat them.  :)


This recipe is simple....1 hard boiled egg and 1 Tbsp of hummus.


I used spicy three pepper, but you can use whatever you like best.


Just mix the yoke and hummus and fill the egg whites....



Super easy.  Super good!  They would have looked better if I was more patient and blended the filling more.  Oh, well.

{100 calories, 6g fat, 4g carbs, 1g fiber, 7g protein}

Give it a try....I promise you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips