PAGES

Friday, April 19, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork & Oven-Roasted Corn

With soccer and basketball practices last night, I needed to make something I could easily pull together at dinner time....crock pot to the rescue!  I got this idea from my mother-in-law. {Thanks, Grandma Weez!}  She cooks her pork tenderloin on the stove {slow cooks it in simmering water} but I'm more comfortable with the crock pot.

I put one pork tenderloin in my crock pot with 1/2 cup water.  Then I seasoned it with grill seasoning and garlic salt and let it cook on high for 3-4 hours.  When it was done, I shredded it and put it in an oven-save dish.


I used Montgomery Inn bbq sauce {you can buy it at Kroger}, but you can use whatever you like.  Just pour it over the top, cover with foil and heat in the oven....OR you can drain the juices from the crock pot and put the pork and sauce back in until warmed through.  I made this early in the day, so I just stuck it in the fridge until I was ready to make dinner.


I saw this season's first batch of corn on the cob at the store yesterday and had to get some.  I knew it would be the perfect side dish for our bbq pork.  Nothing says summer like corn on the cob!


I decided to try something new and cook the corn in the oven.  I've heard you can roast them in their husks, but I'd already removed them at the store.  Instead, I decided to try cooking them "baked potato style."


I wrapped each ear in foil, placed them on a cookie sheet and baked them at 450 for 20-30 minutes.  I also popped the bbq in the oven at the same time {I normally warm it at 350}.  How easy is that?  I did all the work ahead of time, so the only thing I had to do at the last minute was a salad....


Which turned out pretty awesome, if I don't say so myself.  


The bbq was delicious and the corn turned out perfectly.  I'm never boiling corn again!  The kernels were so plump and juicy while still being a little crisp, and they popped in my mouth when I ate them.  Mmmmm!


And yes, we use paper plates way too often.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips