PAGES

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cottage Cheese Pistachio "Pudding"

A couple days ago, my husband brought home an enormous pistachio muffin from work....a gift from his boss all the way from The Outer Banks.  You know something's good when people carry it over state lines just to give you a taste.  I love stuff like that!  Scott once brought me a pint of ice cream all the way from Cincinnati when we were living in Utah.  He had the flight attendant store it with the ice.  How sweet is that?!  Of course, that was back when we were first married. I wonder if he'd do that now, 14 years later?  

But I digress.  Where were we?  Oh, yeah....GIANT PISTACHIO MUFFIN!  The hubs gave me a bite and it was every bit as moist and delicious as you can imagine. 

Here's a little something I whipped up to keep me from stealing that mouth-watering muffin, locking myself in my closet, eating the whole darn thing and not emerging until I'd sucked every last crumb from the wrapper.

Cottage cheese pistachio pudding....


{105 calories, 3g fat, 14g carbs, 3g fiber, 10g protein}

Ingredients:

     1 serving lowfat cottage cheese
     1 tbsp sugar free, fat free pistachio pudding mix

I'll be honest, it's not quite as good as the road-trip muffin {and some might consider the texture a little "pasty"....I happen to like things with weird textures.} but it did satisfy my need for something sweet and pistachio-y without all the fat, sugar and carbs.  Just think of all the different flavor possibilities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips