PAGES

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Surprise Party....80's Style!

So, my big brother is turning 40 this month.  His wife is totally awesome and threw a rockin' surprise party for him.  Everyone dressed up in 80's costumes {which aren't hard to find these days!} Seriously though, I'm not sure I'm ready for all this crazy 80's stuff be back in style.  Now I understand why my mom hated it when the 70's came back....when you've already lived it once, the second time around isn't too exciting.

*Sorry for the bad picture quality.  My phone doesn't take great pics in the dark.* 

As you can tell, my 80's wear was a little understated {I'm the giant in the middle}. Most people went all out.  Don't you love the "mom jeans" and the acid-washed jeans?  Don't even get me started on the hair!  I knew I should have found a crimper! Oh, well.  I'll know better for the next 80's bash.


Check out my parents!  Aren't they cute?  Gotta love those shirts!


And here's my brother, his wife and their two youngest....love them!


Since this is a food blog, I guess I should show you what I ate too....


There was an awesome Mexican/fajita bar.  I stayed away from the rice and tortillas, but piled on the chicken, steak, veggies and guacamole!  I think there's even a drumstick in there!  Notice the Rubix Cube???  Talk about a flashback!

And how about this {Man, I really wish these pics had turned out better!}....  


It was a glass filled with shrimp, tomatoes, jalapenos, lime, cilantro, etc.  It was so fresh and delicious!  I added the guacamole myself.  It was AMAZING! 

And, what's a party without a cake?  How cool is this???


Nothing like a boombox cake to top off your 40th birthday!  I'd like to tell you how it tasted, but I was actually good tonight and refrained.  I waited to have dessert until I got home and downed a whole pint of Arctic Zero!  {With 0 grams of fat and only 150 calories, I didn't even feel bad about it.}  :)

Happy 40th big bro!  Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips