PAGES

Friday, April 5, 2013

Domestic Goddess Chili

Several years ago, the ladies at my church put together a cookbook.  The name of this particular chili caught my eye.... How could I NOT try it???  With a name like "Domestic Goddess Chili" it had to be good!  It seemed pretty simple {which makes it even better} and has now become the go-to chili recipe for my whole family.  My mom used to spend FOREVER chopping up veggies, cooking her own beans, etc.  She believed that her chili was the best.  Period.  Then I made her this....


Let me just say, this is the only chili she's made since.  In fact, she just made it for us tonight!  We served it taco-salad-style and it was delish!

Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 cups diced onions
2 tsp. minced garlic
30 oz. tomato sauce
16 oz. salsa {I like Pace mild picante sauce}
1 15 oz. can kidney beans
1 15 oz. can black beans
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sugar

Cook hamburger and drain.  Add onion and garlic and saute a few minutes.  Add remaining ingredients except beans and bring to a boil.  Add beans and heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips