PAGES

Monday, April 8, 2013

Chocolate PB2 Smoothie

After almost a week of sleeping in, not exercising and eating things like ice cream, cookies and caramel corn {gotta love spring break!} I decided I needed to buckle down and start the week off right.  When I feel like I've over indulged, I've found the easiest way for me to get back on track is to watch my carbs. Here's a little concoction I came up with for breakfast this morning....

{185 calories, 4g fat, 7g carbs, 3g fiber, 31g protein}

Ingredients:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2 Tbsp. PB2
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
dash cinnamon
ice

Blend it all up and enjoy!  

Hey, just because I'm watching my carbs doesn't mean I have to deprive myself of one of my favorite flavor combinations!

On a side note - apparently, my 7-year-old son isn't watching his carbs.  This is what his plate looked like at CiCi's today....


Nothing like mac & cheese pizza with a side of alfredo noodles, a breadstick and a garlic roll!  Wouldn't it be nice to be 7 again?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips