PAGES

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cajun Kielbasa Pasta

This is something I came up with one night when I hadn't been to the grocery store all week and the cupboards were almost bare.  It's amazing how creative you can be when you don't have much to work with.  I usually use regular pasta {like penne} but last night it was tortellini {per the kids' request}.


Cook the pasta according to package directions.  In the meantime, brown 1 lb. of kielbasa {I used light....not that it makes much of a difference in this recipe}.


Add one jar of alfredo sauce....


And some veggies {optional}.  I usually use peas, but all I had this time was edamame....


Drain pasta and add to alfredo/kielbasa mixture....


Season with cajun seasoning to taste {I like Luzianne, but use whatever you have}....


And there you have cajun kielbasa pasta....


Notice I don't always calculate the nutrition info?  It's usually one of two things....A.) too many ingredients to figure out quickly or B.) I just don't want to know.  This one is the latter!

If I make something like this for dinner, I usually serve a salad as well.  That way, I can fill up something healthy and just have a few bites of the indulgent stuff.  {Or not....just depends on the day!}

******

Ingredients:

1 box pasta {any kind}
1 lb. kielbasa
1 jar alfredo sauce
fresh or frozen veggies {any kind}
cajun seasoning

Cook pasta.  Brown kielbasa in a skillet.  Add alfredo sauce and veggies and heat through.  Stir in cooked pasta.  Add cajun seasoning to taste.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips