PAGES

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Broiled Tomatoes With Feta and Cracked Pepper

Remember when they used to serve meals on airplanes?  Not just a cold sandwich you have to pay extra for, but a full-on warm meal on a tray???  I never liked airplane food that much {but now appreciate the fact that they gave it to you at no extra cost} and could never stand the smell.  There was however, one thing I always looked forward to....broiled tomatoes.  It doesn't sound like something a kid would like, but then again, I've always been a little strange.  

Today I recreated a childhood memory, but I used roma tomatoes and feta cheese.  

Ingredients:

2 roma tomatoes
1/4 cup reduced fat feta
fresh cracked pepper

Start by cutting the tomatoes in half, lengthwise.  {Cut a small slice off the back sides just so they'll lay flat.}  Sprinkle the feta on top and place under the broiler until cheese starts to brown.


Add fresh cracked pepper to taste and enjoy!

{124 calories, 4g fat, 15g carbs, 4g fiber, 13g protein}

I broiled mine in the toaster oven....no sense in heating the whole oven for two tomatoes if I don't have to. This makes a great snack or a fun side dish for dinner.  I can picture it now with salmon and grilled asparagus.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips