PAGES

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thai Chicken Satay

I love Thai food, and one of my very favorite appetizers is chicken satay.  I had some chicken tenders in the fridge and crossed my fingers that I'd be able to find a good recipe I already had the ingredients for.  Lucky for me, I came across this recipe from Tyler Florence.  


I did a couple things differently, but it still turned out really good.  I used plain greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt and cooked mine under the broiler instead of on the grill.  {I'm slightly afraid of the grill and have made it a goal to learn how to use it this summer.}  

Ingredients:

1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp minced or crushed garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced {or chicken tenderloins}

Mix yogurt, garlic, ginger and curry powder in a shallow bowl.  Add chicken, cover and let marinate up to 2 hours in fridge.  Thread chicken onto skewers that have been soaking in water for 20-30 minutes {you don't want them to catch fire while under the broiler}.  Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken on top.  Broil on high about 6 minutes on each side.  Serve with peanut sauce.  You can make Tyler's or use store bought.  I used a mix from A Taste of Thai and mixed it with lite coconut milk.


When my oldest son came downstairs for dinner, he said our house smelled like a restaurant.  ALMOST everyone loved it....I couldn't quite get our pickiest eater to try it.  He preferred eating grapes off of his skewer.  


If you can't tell, he's a total goofball.  He's definitely the "life of the party" at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips