PAGES

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Guilt-Free Spaghetti!

We have a couple of really picky eaters at our house.  Our youngest two kids could have buttered noodles with parmesan cheese for every meal and be totally content. Tonight for dinner, I made spaghetti and meatballs {yes, the frozen kind}.  That way, the hubs and oldest two kids could have pasta and meat sauce and the youngest two could have plain noodles.  Everyone's happy, right?  Not quite.  I love pasta, but the guilt sets in if I indulge too much....I'm not sure why I won't let myself have a bowl of noodles, but have no problem eating chocolate chips or M&M's.  I guess I'd just rather splurge on something sweet.  Anyway, here's a little trick I've been using on spaghetti night....


It's so easy and so yummy!  I don't even miss the pasta!


**Don't forget to remove the seeds before baking!

I used half of a spaghetti squash and topped it with 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1 serving of cottage cheese {Breakstone's Live Active 2%}.  I also stirred it around and microwaved it a bit to warm everything through....it didn't look as pretty, but it tasted good!

{229 calories, 3g fat, 42g carbs, 10g fiber, 14g protein}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips