PAGES

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easy Fried Rice

Do you ever have those evenings when you look at the clock, realize it's after 5pm and you haven't even thought about what to make for dinner?  Yeah, me either.  ;)

Seriously though....there are some meals I always have ingredients for, and this is one of them.  This meal has saved me at the last minute more than once!  It's also a great way to use up leftover rice, meat and veggies.


Ingredients:

Rice {I like to use brown}
1/2 onion, chopped
2 eggs, scrambled
1 lg. can chicken {or any meat of choice...leftovers work great}
1 bag frozen veggies {any kind}
4-5 Tbsp. soy sauce
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Saute the onions and veggies in oil over medium/high heat....


I just throw the veggies in frozen {I usually use the peas-corn-carrots-green beans mix, but this is all I had}.  On another burner, scramble the eggs....


When the veggies are cooked, add the rice {I microwave it first, but you don't have to} chicken and eggs.  Add soy sauce {I don't usually measure - just add to taste} and heat through.  Salt and pepper to taste....


**If you like your rice a little richer, add a couple Tbsp of butter, let it melt into the rice and stir it around.  You know, like they do at those Japanese hibachi places.  Yum!**

Throw together a quick side salad, and you're good to go.


Not the prettiest salad I've ever made, but I used what I had.  That's the beauty of this meal....there are no rules.  Just do what you want and use what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips