PAGES

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sweet Ginger Garlic Salmon & Coconut Lime Quinoa

Salmon is one of my favorite things to make for dinner.  It's quick, it's easy and it always looks like you put more effort into making dinner than you actually did.  This recipe is especially simple...just two ingredients.

Simply Asia's Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
&
Salmon
{I got them both at Sam's Club}


Just sprinkle the seasoning on the salmon {don't skimp!} and broil on high for 15-20 minutes.  It'll come out of the oven looking something like this....


See where I stuck a fork in it to make sure it was done?  You'll know it's ready when it flakes easily.

Next on the menu....quinoa.  I have a confession to make - I've never made quinoa until today.  I wasn't really sure what I was doing {what's new?} but I knew I wanted to infuse it with the flavors of coconut and lime.  I found a recipe online here and then put my own spin on it.

    
1 cup lite coconut milk
1 cup water
zest of 1 lime
juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 bag frozen soy beans
small handful chopped cilantro

Bring the first 6 ingredients to a boil.  Add quinoa, reduce heat and cover.  Simmer about 15 minutes then remove from heat.  While quinoa is simmering, steam soybeans {maybe next time I'll try adding them with the quinoa}.  Let quinoa sit a few minutes then fluff with a fork and add the soybeans and cilantro.  Salt to taste.


Not too bad for my first try.  I'll definitely be experimenting with quinoa more in the future.


A fancy meal with not a lot of effort....just my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips