PAGES

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baked Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders

Tonight I wanted to try a healthier spin on pecan-crusted chicken tenders.  I wasn't really sure what I was doing, so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

First, I finely chopped some pecans {I used my Zyliss hand chopper, but you could use a food processor or knife} and added some seasoned salt and garlic salt.


Then I seasoned the chicken tenders with salt and pepper and dipped them in Egg Beaters {just saving a few calories along the way}.


Next, I dredged them in the pecan/seasoning mixture.


I placed them on a wire baking rack {sprayed with cooking spray} and baked them at 375 for about 20 minutes....it was more like 23 minutes, if I'm being exact.



While they were in the oven, I mixed up a quick dipping sauce.  Nothing fancy....just fat free plain Greek yogurt with a couple spoonfuls each of agave and mustard.


The perfect complement to these delicious little chicken tenders....{Yum!}




I served them with sauteed zucchini and a simple salad for an easy, family-pleasing Sunday dinner.  


My husband and kids loved it!  Even my pickiest eater tried it and that's HUGE for him....he rarely tries anything new.  I'll definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips