PAGES

Thursday, February 21, 2013

More is More

....when it comes to meals, that is.

My sister-in-law recently became a certified health coach.  I've talked with her several times about good eating habits and have asked her for suggestions on how and what I should be eating.  I was interested discover that it's actually healthier to eat six small meals instead of three large ones.  {Most of you already knew that, I'm sure.}  She suggested that I have a low-calorie snack/meal every 2-3 hours and that I pair low-glycemic carbohydrates with lean protein.  Over the past few weeks, I've been rediscovering how to eat.  Some days have been better than others, but overall, I think my eating habits are improving....now if I could just cure myself of the weekend chocolate fest!

Since I've been trying to eat smaller, more frequent meals, I've found it necessary to carry around a few snacks at all times.  Here are some of my favorites....

{gotta love the 100 calorie packs!}

{Luna mini bars...about 70-80 calories each}

{Two for 100 calories!}

When I'm home and not running the kids all over the place, I have some other favorite snacks.  I'll share those with you another day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips