PAGES

Friday, February 22, 2013

Post-Workout Pick Me Up

I needed a little something sweet after getting home from the gym this morning. When I want something quick or I'm just too lazy to think, I usually end up having a protein smoothie.  I kept this one really simple. 


My protein powder of choice these days has been Jay Robb's chocolate whey.  I love that it's all natural, low calorie, no fat, super high protein and low carb.  

{110 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 25g protein}

Is it the best chocolate protein powder I've ever tasted?  Not really, but all of the good stuff outweighs that for me.  I have a couple tricks to make it a little tastier without adding extra calories, etc. Today I used 12oz of cold water....in my opinion, it tastes a little better with unsweetened almond milk.

 {1 packet Truvia}

{a sprinkle of cinnamon}

{a few swirls in the handy, dandy Magic Bullet}

and....
{Yum! }

This smoothie is on the light and fluffy side.  If you want something a little thicker and creamier, try using skim, unsweetened almond or unsweetened soy milk with some frozen berries.  

P.S. - A handful of spinach never hurt anyone either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips