PAGES

Friday, February 22, 2013

A Birthday Breakfast

Today is my son's 7th birthday.  I always ask the kids what they want for breakfast on their special day, and every time I get the same answer....COFFEE CAKE!!!  Not even a nice, homemade coffee cake.... a store-bought butter cream one {yes, there is a specific cake they have in mind and yes, there's only one store that carries it}.  I realized last night at about 9pm that I hadn't gone to the store to pick up the ever-requested birthday breakfast.  When my husband and son got back from basketball practice, I jumped in the car and headed to the store.  As I got out of the car, I realized I was wearing my slippers.  Perfect.  I had a brief, passing thought...."When did I become this person?"....but ran into the store anyway.  After all, I wasn't about to come home empty handed.  Is this coffee cake really good enough to warrant a trip to the grocery store in my slippers?  Why, yes it is.  Did I give it a taste?  Why, Yes I did!!!  And it was delicious.  I only had one bite, so it doesn't really count, right?

{Yum!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips