PAGES

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Eggs for Lunch

I really like eggs, but I rarely make them for breakfast.  It just feels like a lot of work that early in the morning.  I'm more of a grab-and-go, dump-it-in-a-bowl kinda girl.  I do, however, really enjoy making eggs for lunch and dinner.  For some reason, what seems like a lot of work at breakfast seems like a piece of cake later in the day.  I especially love eggs for lunch when it's cold and dreary outside....it just feels good to sit down to a warm meal.  Here are a couple of my recent combinations....

I saute the veggies a little first and then add the eggs.  I've been using Egg Beaters, but you could use regular eggs or 1 egg and 1 egg white.  It's fun to experiment with different seasonings too.  I've been really liking Adobo {found in the Mexican food aisle} but you can never go wrong with good old salt and pepper.

1/2 cup Egg Beaters, 2 cups baby spinach, 1 cup sliced mushrooms

{100 calories, 0g fat, 6g carbs, 3g fiber, 15g protein}

1/2 cup Egg Beaters, 2 cups baby spinach, 1/2 diced red bell pepper 

{95 calories, 0g fat, 9g carbs, 3g fiber, 15g protein}

This would be a very light meal or snack.  To add a little more substance, try adding a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a piece of whole-grain toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips