PAGES

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pile on the Veggies!

I have to admit that all too often, the veggies I serve with dinner come from those freezer-to-microwave steamer bags.  They're quick, convenient and don't mess up the kitchen.  Plus, I have a tendency to over-steam my veggies when I cook them on the stovetop.  The other night, I decided to roast some fresh veggies instead and crossed my fingers that all the kids would like them.

{450 degrees for 20-25 min.}

It was super easy.  I used asparagus, red bell peppers and broccoli {the pre-washed florets in the produce section}.  I lined my pan with foil for easy clean-up and sprayed it with a bit of cooking spray. Then I piled on the veggies, gave them a quick spritz with more cooking spray and topped them with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.  They were delicious and my family ate the whole pan!  My oldest son even said it was the best broccoli he'd ever had.  I call that a success!  I can't wait to experiment with other veggies and seasonings.  I'm thinking some fresh rosemary might be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips