PAGES

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Not My Grandma's Cookies

My grandma used to make batches of whole wheat applesauce cookies.  They were so good and I always anticipated visits to her house knowing she would have some of these delicious little treats waiting.  

Over the years, my sister, my mom and I have changed and adapted Grandma's recipe and the results have been healthy and yummy!  


Here's the recipe:

1 bottle brown rice syrup
1 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling)....instead of applesauce
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups almond meal/flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
3 cups oats (not instant)
2 cups dark chocolate chips

Cream together the first 6 ingredients (brown rice syrup through vanilla).  Sift in flours, salt and spices and mix well.  Add oats and chocolate chips.  Spoon onto greased baking sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy!

We like to store ours in the freezer....they just taste better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips