PAGES

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

HOOTENANNIES

Hooten...what???

When I was a kid, one of my all-time favorite breakfasts was HOOTENANNIES {aka: German pancakes or oven pancakes}.  My mom would make them on weekends and snow days, so naturally, I associate them with fun and excitement.  Well, today just happens to be a snow day for my kiddos, so I thought I'd make them something from my childhood.


Ingredients:

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter {I never said it was healthy!}

Melt butter in a 9x13 pan as oven preheats to 400 degrees.  Blend eggs, milk, salt, sugar and cinnamon in blender for one minute.  Add flour and blend one minute more.  Pour into 9x13 pan with melted butter.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  {My oven must run hot....I only baked it for about 15 min.}  Top with fruit, syrup and powdered sugar.

*Note: You can 1/2 the recipe and bake in a pie plate.


This is what it looks like when it comes out of the oven....

{I love how it gets all puffy in the corners!}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips