PAGES

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Ever get stuck in a dinner rut???  I feel like I've been making the same things over and over, and I desperately needed to do something different.  I pulled this recipe out of a dusty corner of my brain and I'm so glad I did!  A friend of mine gave me this idea a long time ago, and I'd forgotten all about it until recently.  I was so excited to liven up the dinner routine a bit....it was like finding money in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn since last year!

Here are the ingredients you'll need....


1 lb. Ground chicken
1-2 cans water chestnuts {finely chopped}
1/2 cup peanuts {coarsely chopped} 
1 bunch green onions {chopped}
Beef & Broccoli seasoning packet
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3/4 cup water

Mix the seasoning packet with soy sauce and water and set aside.  Brown the chicken in a skillet.  Add water chestnuts, green onions, peanuts and sauce mixture. Heat through.


Wrap in lettuce {I used iceberg}.


I served this with a side of coconut rice {I'll post that recipe later} and edamame. Easy.  Healthy.  Delicious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips