PAGES

Monday, March 4, 2013

Thai Red Curry with Chicken & Vegetables

I love Thai food....it's probably one of my all-time favorite types of food.  I love how unique and bold all the flavors are, and how they combine into something so delicious.  It really is like a party in my mouth.  Eating out is definitely my first choice when it comes to Thai food, but I do enjoy making curry at home from time to time.  This is a super-simple recipe.  I got the idea from a friend as we were leaving the gym the other day.  She has a great recipe for Chicken Panang {which I love} and said this is easier and pretty close, so I decided to give it a try.

Here's everything you'll need {with the exception of the chicken}....


The sauce is really easy.  Just follow the instructions on the back of the bottle of red curry paste.


Pour the coconut milk into a large skillet and bring to a simmer....


Stir in 2 Tbsp curry paste and 1Tbsp brown sugar {I used 1/2 Tbsp agave} and return to a simmer....


Add the veggies {I usually just use red bell peppers, but I decided to add a little broccoli this time} and simmer until crisp-tender....


Add shredded cooked chicken and basil and heat through.  Salt to taste.  It's THAT easy!


Serve over jasmine rice and enjoy!


Ingredients:

1 can light coconut milk
2 Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp brown sugar {or 1/2 Tbsp agave}
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Handful of fresh basil
Jasmine rice
Salt

Follow directions for sauce on the back of the curry paste.  Add veggies and simmer until crisp-tender.  Add chicken and basil.  Heat through and serve over jasmine rice.  Salt to taste.

*Note: Using fish sauce in the curry is optional {see back of curry paste}.  I didn't have any on hand, so I omitted it.  Next time I'll have to give it a try.  Also, in hindsight, I wish I would have 1 1/2x'd the recipe for the sauce since I added more veggies.  I like my curry a little soupier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips