PAGES

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Corn Salsa {Like Chipotle's}

I needed to bring chips and some kind of "dip" to a large family function the other day.  I wanted to bring something different than the usual chips & salsa or mexican dip, so I decided on corn salsa.  I found this recipe about a year ago and have yet to meet someone who doesn't love it.


Ingredients:

1 12 oz. bag frozen corn, thawed
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 jalapenos, finely chopped 
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
2 limes, juiced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

**I remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapenos, so it's not too hot.  Careful not to touch your eyes!**

Mix all ingredients together and serve with chips.  {I doubled the recipe.}


It really does taste like Chipotle's.  I love how fresh and vibrant the flavors are.  It would be a great side dish for just about anything you can put on the grill....makes me so anxious for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips