PAGES

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oven Roasted Shrimp & Sweet Potatoes


Shrimp is one of my favorite types of seafood, but I rarely make it....that's all going to change after last night's dinner.  It was so easy and so fast!  

I bought frozen shrimp from Sam's Club that was already peeled and deveined and let it thaw in a colander in the fridge. When it was time for dinner, I just lined a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out the shrimp....


I sprayed them with a little olive oil and sprinkled on some Sweet Basil, Citrus & Garlic seasoning.  That's it!


Then I roasted them in a 425 degree oven for about 6-8 minutes and they were cooked to perfection!


Let me backtrack a little now....before I put the shrimp in the oven, I started roasting the sweet potatoes.  I peeled them and cut them pretty small to cut back on cooking time.  Then sprayed them with olive oil and seasoned them with salt & pepper. Super easy.  They went into the 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes and I added the shrimp at the end.


Add a side of veggies or a simple salad and you've got a quick, healthy, delicious dinner.  I was hoping to have some leftover shrimp, but the kids finished them all off.  Good thing they're so easy to make!


Ingredients:

     Shrimp {peeled, deveined & thawed}
     Sweet potatoes {peeled & diced}
     Olive oil spray
     Salt & pepper
     Seasoning of choice

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spread sweet potatoes on baking sheet coated with olive oil spray. Spray lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Roast for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, spread shrimp on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray shrimp lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper or seasoning of choice. Roast in the oven for the last 6-8 minutes of the sweet potatoes' cooking time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips