PAGES

Monday, May 6, 2013

When The Husband Cooks....


Scott isn't much of a chef, but every once-in-a-while he'll surprise me and say he wants to make dinner. He's got a few staples {You know....those things he made for me when we were dating so I would think he could cook.}  I guess I can overlook the fact that he doesn't cook since he's way better at doing dishes than I am.  

He lived in Puerto Rico for two years {serving a mission for our church} and has often talked about how they served rice and beans with almost every meal.  By the end of his mission, he was pretty tired of this side dish, but now he really enjoys it and the memories it brings back.   

He made this for dinner last night and it was really good.  The kids were a little skeptical at first, but once they tried it, they were sold!  This might just become a new family favorite.  I should start making it with every meal and see if Scott notices. 

**You can find the recipe he used here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips