PAGES

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad

I found this Martha Stewart recipe on Pinterest the other day and thought it looked like an easy meal for one of our busy weeknights.


I started with the dressing....


It called for 2 cups of cilantro, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup olive oil and coarse salt & pepper.  I was excited to use the new Magic Bullet blender I bought today at Costco....


I didn't measure and just eyeballed the ingredients, like I tend to do. Unfortunately, I think I overdid it on the lime juice!  In an attempt to tone down the limey-ness, I added a couple handfuls of spinach. When that didn't do the trick, I added a small container of fat-free plain greek yogurt.  It was still quite limey, but it had a really nice creamy consistency.  If I make this again, I think I'll skip the oil and just add the yogurt {making the dressing fat free and high in protein}.


The salad was simple....romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, red peppers, green onions, rotisserie chicken and cashews.


I added some wasabi peas as well.  {Cashews & wasabi peas...one of my favorite combos!}


The dressing tasted much better combined with all the yummy ingredients in the salad.  It was light and refreshing, but substantial enough for dinner.  I also served wonton strips with it for the kids.

Ingredients:

     Dressing
     2 cups cilantro
     1/4 cup fresh lime juice
     1/4 cup olive oil {or greek yogurt}
     coarse salt & pepper to taste

     Salad
     1 large head romaine lettuce
     shredded purple cabbage {a couple handfuls}
     1 red pepper, sliced
     2 green onions, chopped
     rotisserie chicken, shredded
     1/2 cup cashews
     wasabi peas & wonton strips {optional}

Instructions:

Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender.  Mix salad ingredients and serve with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips