PAGES

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo!


I was so excited about dinner tonight. I love Mexican food!  Not that I ever need an excuse to whip up a batch of guacamole, but if I did, Cinco de Mayo would be it.


My GUACAMOLE recipe is simple....avocados, fresh lime juice, garlic salt & cilantro. I don't measure anything - just mix all the ingredients to taste.


Next on the menu....BLACK BEAN, CORN & EDAMAME SALSA.  

Ingredients:

     1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
     1/2 bag frozen corn, thawed
     1/2 bag frozen edamame, steamed and cooled 
     1/4 red onion, minced
     1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
     Juice of 1-1 1/2 limes
     1 tsp kosher salt
     pepper

Mix all ingredients together.  You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Scott was great and sauteed some sweet onions and peppers while I got the shrimp ready for the oven.  I seasoned them with Adobo seasoning and paprika and baked them at 425 for 6 minutes.

What do you get when you combine all of this awesomeness together....SHRIMP FAJITA SALAD!


Ingredients:

     romaine lettuce
     black bean, corn & edamame salsa
     sauteed onions and peppers
     baked shrimp
     fresh guacamole

I hope you all enjoyed Cinco de Mayo as much as we did!  Scott even made a side of rice and beans {more Puerto Rican than Mexican, but I was happy to have help in the kitchen and it was delish....I'll post that recipe later.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips