PAGES

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zucchini Chips

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for chips.  My recent addiction....sweet potato chips.  I bought them as a "healthier option" to regular chips, but when I looked down and realized I'd eaten half the bag, I started to wonder if I was really making a better choice.  Man, those things are addictive!

So....now I am on a quest to find an even better {and less guilt-inducing} option. My first experiment was with zucchini.  I recently bought myself a new little kitchen gadget - a small mandoline.  So far I love it.  It makes slicing things so easy and fast!


I sliced up one zucchini and was surprised at how many "chips" I got out of it.  I sprayed them lightly with olive oil and lightly salted them as well.  Then, into the dehydrator they went....


I was not prepared for how much they'd shrink up....


They were seriously tiny!  I'm not sure about this one....it seemed like a lot of work for not much snack. This was the entire batch....


They tasted pretty good....kinda like roasted pumpkin seeds, but I think I downed them all in about three minutes.  


{See how tiny they are?!}

I dipped them in cottage cheese and called it my afternoon snack.  Maybe next time I'll bake them in the oven and mix up the seasonings a bit.  It appears as if my search for the perfect healthy chip has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips