PAGES

Saturday, May 4, 2013

95-Calorie Mexican Chocolate Shake

We went to my favorite Mexican place for dinner tonight.  It was so fun and festive there....balloons, banners, streamers....all in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  I ordered the "spinach salad" {my usual}.  It's so rare to find a really good, healthy salad at a Mexican restaurant, and this place nails it!

To continue my Cinco de Mayo celebration, I thought I'd whip up a little something fun for my evening snack.  This recipe was inspired by my original 95-calorie milkshake.

{95 calories, 0g fat, 16g carbs, 5g fiber, 8g protein}




Ingredients:

     1/2 pint Arctic Zero {chocolate flavor}
     1 packet fat-free hot chocolate mix
     3/4 cup cold water
     Liquid stevia {vanilla creme}, to taste {or 1 packet Truvia}
     1/4 tsp cinnamon
     pinch of cayenne pepper

Instructions:

Blend all ingredients together {I use my Magic Bullet} and ENJOY!!! 

Note: I used 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper and it was PLENTY spicy.  If you're afraid of spice, go easy on the cayenne or skip it all together.  It would still be delish!


Happy Cinco de Mayo {tomorrow}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips