PAGES

Monday, July 1, 2013

Parmesan Flax Crusted Zucchini {Low Carb & Gluten Free}

I love zucchini and could probably eat it everyday.  My family, um, not so much.  In an effort to disguise what some in my house might consider an "over-used veggie," I came up with a healthier version of fried zucchini sticks.

First I cut the zucchini into strips {trying to keep them uniform in size}....


Then I dipped them into egg whites....


And dredged them in a mixture of golden flax meal, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt....


Next, I put them on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and baked them at 425 for 15 minutes....


They were so good served with a side of marinara sauce....


Low-carb and gluten free....


Good and good for you.  In the words of Rachel Ray....YUM-O!!!

Ingredients:

     1 large zucchini

     1/2 cup golden flax meal

     3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

     1/2 tsp garlic powder

     1/4 tsp salt

     2 egg whites {I used the kind in the carton}

     Marinara sauce

Directions:

Mix together flax meal, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt.  Slice zucchini into strips of uniform size.  Dip in egg whites.  Dredge in flax mixture.  Place on greased baking pan and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.  Serve with a side of marinara for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips