PAGES

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Easy Jambalaya

I got this idea from a friend....who got it from a friend....who got it from who-knows-where.  Gotta love those kind of recipes!

Since we're now up to our eyeballs in basketball practices and games {six nights a week!} I've found that the dinners I make are hardly ever complex {not that they really were before}.  I'm always turning to something quick and easy and this recipe is no exception.


Ingredients:

     1 box jambalaya rice mix

     1 bell pepper, chopped

     1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

     1 lb. kielbasa, sliced {I used chicken smoked sausage}

Directions:

Cook rice according to directions on box.  In the meantime, saute bell peppers and kielbasa or other sausage of choice.  When rice is done, stir into sausage and peppers.  Add black beans and heat through.   

**On a side note....  

Not wanting to wait for my Amazon shipment, I went to Walmart at 10pm last night in search of PB2 {see previous post}.  And guess what???  They were completely sold out too!  I don't know who's buying up all of my favorite peanut butter, but I would really appreciate it if they'd leave just one little jar behind.  Is that too much to ask?  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now....just don't come between a hungry girl and her favorite snack!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips