PAGES

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gimme S'more!

There are few things in life better than a s'more....in my opinion, at least.  =)


When I was a kid, one of my favorite treats was s'mores bars.  My mom used to make them all the time, and now they've become a favorite of my kids as well. They're one of my go-to treats when I need a quick dessert to bring to picnics, barbecues, etc.  We're headed down to the lake with some friends this weekend, so I thought it would be the perfect thing to bring along.

First, I melt together light corn syrup, chocolate chips and butter....


{In case you were wondering, this is not a healthy recipe.}  Bring the chocolate mixture to a boil, remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla extract....


Stir into Golden Grahams and marshmallows and mix until evenly coated....


Spread into a greased 9x13 pan and let cool....


Cut into squares and enjoy!


Golden Grahams.  Marshmallows.  Chocolate....what's not to like?!  All the deliciousness of a s'more without sweating to death next to a campfire in 96 degree heat.  Gotta love it.

Ingredients:

     8 cups Golden Grahams cereal

     3 cups mini marshmallows

     2/3 cup light corn syrup

     12 oz bag chocolate chips {I use milk chocolate}

     2 Tbsp butter

     1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Mix cereal and marshmallows in a large bowl.  On the stovetop, bring corn syrup, chocolate chips and butter to a boil, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.  Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and marshmallows.  Mix until evenly coated.  Spread in a greased 9x13 pan.  Let cool then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips