PAGES

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Food Court Lunch

My husband was off work yesterday, so we took our 4-year-old and went to the mall to exchange a couple things.  At lunch time, we decided to head over to the food court....not my first choice, but the hubs had his heart set on bourbon chicken from Cajun Cafe {the real stuff!}.  It was incredibly hard for me to turn down those juicy, delicious chunks of melt in your mouth chicken, but I was really excited to discover that you can now order a salad there.  The base of the salad is simple....lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and red onions.  Then you choose what meat you want on top. I resisted the bourbon chicken {which I'm sure has plenty of sugar in the sauce} and went for a more basic blackened chicken.  It wasn't greasy or saucy - just delicious and full of flavor.  I also ordered my dressing on the side and ended up using barely any of it.


How great does that look?!  I don't know what the calorie count was, but I'm pretty sure it was better for me than the bourbon chicken with two sides of grease-laden veggies.  The food court is looking better and better these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips