PAGES

Monday, June 17, 2013

Veggie Taco Salad


Let me just say HOORAY for finally breaking out my old camera again!  I've been trying to use a little point and shoot for a while and it just hasn't been cuttin' it. Live and learn, I guess.  

I was in the mood for a meatless dinner tonight, so I made refried bean tostadas for my family {forgot to take a pic...sorry!} and whipped up some veggies for me.

I just dug around in the fridge and used whatever I had....



First, saute the onions and peppers in a little olive oil spray {since they have a longer cooking time}.  


Then add the zucchini and mushrooms, saute them them for a couple minutes and add about 1/4 cup water and 2 Tbsp taco seasoning.


Let it simmer a little {just like you would if you were using ground beef} and then serve however you like.  I made a salad using romaine lettuce, my sauteed mexican veggies, a little salsa, some cilantro and about half of a diced avocado.  Just look at all that goodness!


Ingredients:

1/2 bell pepper, sliced
1/4 sweet onion, sliced
1 small zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
Romaine lettuce, chopped
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp salsa
1/2 avocado, diced
Cilantro 

Directions:

Saute onions and peppers in small amount of olive oil or cooking spray.  Add zucchini and mushrooms.  Saute a couple minutes then add taco seasoning and water.  Simmer.  Serve over lettuce and top with salsa, avocado and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips