PAGES

Friday, June 21, 2013

Cookie Dough Dip {With Chickpeas!}


It sounds strange, I know....but just wait 'til you try it.  

Why is it that cookie dough is almost always better than the actual cookies? When I make cookies, I usually end up consuming about five cookies worth of dough before I even try one {or two, or three} hot from the oven.  I have a serious problem when it comes to cookies, so I try not to make them very often.

Recently, however, I've been running into recipes for chickpea cookie dough dip all over the internet.  I attempted one of these recipes about a month ago.  I made a few tweaks and changes to the recipe and it turned out less than mediocre.  I was having a major cookie dough craving tonight, though, so I decided to give it one more shot....this time I followed a recipe exactly and it turned out AMAZING!  Can chickpeas really taste like cookie dough???  The answer is YES!

I found the recipe here at Natural Noshing.  I don't have a food processor, so I just used my Magic Bullet and it worked good enough for me.

I was watching three of my friend's kids, so I thought I'd try it out on them and see what happened.


This is what happened....


They downed all the apples {with a little help from me, of course} and we had to open a bag of pretzels.  It passed the "picky eater" test and was approved by six kids ages 4-10!  Go ahead and try it....you might just LOVE it!  =)

Ingredients:

     1 1/2 cups chickpeas {1 can} rinsed, drained and patted dry with paper towels

     1/3 cup peanut butter or other nut butter

     2 tsp vanilla extract

     1/8 tsp salt {if using unsalted nut butter}

     2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk

     3-4 Tbsp agave {or honey}

     2 Tbsp flaxseed meal

     1/3 cup chocolate chips

     *Optional - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Directions:

In a food processor {or blender} add chickpeas and process until finely chopped.  Add peanut butter, vanilla, salt and almond milk.

Add agave, flax meal and protein powder.  Process until well blended.  You may need to add a little extra almond milk.

Stir in chocolate chips.  Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips