PAGES

Monday, September 9, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

I'm back!

I hope you'll excuse me for taking a little hiatus at the end of the summer....I just needed some chill time with the kiddos.  The boys started school last week, and tomorrow is the little lady's first day of preschool.  I can't believe how quickly the summer flew by!  Next year, my baby will be in kindergarten....where does the time go?!?!

In true "first week of school" fashion, we've been hit between the eyes with homework, piano lessons, music class, soccer and cross country practices, meets and games.  The relaxing days of summer seem only a distant memory now, so here we go again....FULL STEAM AHEAD!

When cooking for a family with a busy schedule, slow cooker meals are a must. Here's what was on our table tonight....


Ingredients:

3 frozen chicken breasts

3 cans of beans, rinsed and drained 
{any kind will do - I used great northern and black beans}

1/2 pkg. frozen corn

1 can petite diced tomatoes, with juice

1 packet dry ranch dressing mix

1 packet taco seasoning mix

1-2 cups chicken broth

Directions:

Put all ingredients except broth in a slow cooker {chicken on the bottom}.  Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.  Remove chicken and shred.  Place back in slow cooker and add chicken broth to desired consistency.  Heat through.  Top with, green onions, cilantro {the one thing I forgot at the store - I was so bummed!}, olives, tomatoes, avocados, etc. and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips