PAGES

Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Okay, I'll admit it....that might be a bit of an exaggeration.  I haven't actually tasted ALL of the pumpkin bread out there....but I'd like to!  In my experience and in my own kitchen, this is the best recipe I've found.  It bakes up perfectly every time.  {Another keeper from the trusty 'ol church cookbook!} 

Ingredients:

4 eggs

1 cup oil

2 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. salt

3 cups flour

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

2/3 cup water

15 oz. can pumpkin

2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

Cream together eggs, oil and sugar.  Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.  Add and alternate dry mixture and water to the egg mixture.  Add pumpkin and vanilla.  Mix gently.  
Bake at 350.  
Small loaf - 35 min.  
Medium loaf - 43 min.
Large loaf - 52 min.

*Is also great with chocolate chips!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips