PAGES

Friday, November 15, 2013

Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup


Let me set the scene....  

Once again, 5pm rolls around and I have no dinner plan.  It's Friday night {the night I usually like to go out to eat} but my oldest son now has b-ball practice and my husband coaches....there goes date night! To top it off, I haven't done a "real" grocery trip this week, but I did manage to pick up 4 cans of pumpkin puree while at Target the other day. I've been craving EVERYTHING PUMPKIN and can't seem to shake the chill that comes along with the damp Fall weather around here. Sounds like a recipe for pumpkin soup, doesn't it?

I had no game plan....just started throwing things together with cheese toast as my backup plan - then realized we were out of bread.  Figures.  When all else fails, cold cereal makes a good backup plan for the backup plan.  

Fortunately, my soup turned out pretty darn tasty.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup diced onion

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 15 oz. can chicken broth

1 15 oz. can lite coconut milk

1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree {not pie filling}

1 tsp salt

1 tsp curry powder

pepper 

fat free plain greek yogurt

*Measurements are an estimate - adjust as necessary.


Directions:

Saute onion in olive oil until tender.  Add other ingredients and heat through. Adjust seasonings as desired and top with a dollop of greek yogurt.


My "side" of broccoli may have ended up in my soup.  What can I say...I like to mix my foods!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips